Saturday, December 22, 2007

some sad news

Angus passed away today. He turned 15 earlier this month, a ripe old age for any dog let alone a retriever. He had a pretty interesting life though. He's hiked all over southern Illinois, through the mountains of southern New Mexico and all over Washington state. He survived two rounds of major surgery for things that would killed lesser dogs and he always came out with his tail wagging. I'm really going to miss him and I can't tell you how sad I am that Viv isn't going to get to grow up with a dog as happy and sweet as Angus. She couldn't understand why we wouldn't let her pet him after we found him passed away on the back porch and it really broke my heart. I buried him next to Bear.

We have a Santa photo as well, but I'm going to put up a picture of Angus tonight. This is from when he was a youngster and I've put it up before, but it really is one of his best pics.

No comments: