There were quite a few costume opportunities for the kids this year, and they made the most of them. The weekend before Halloween, our friend Kathleen had her yearly Halloween bash - they have more decorations than Party City and a bouncy "rock" wall and slide for the kids. We got no pictures there, but we did get a few of Viv before we left our house. She was Snow White and Gus was a T-Rex, but the dino suit escaped the lens this time.
Then, last Thursday, Viv's dance class had a bring-a-friend Halloween party, and Viv brought Gus. Viv went as Mulan, and Gus went as a fireman. I know a lot of these are practically the same shot, but since they came out cute, I will subject you to many.
Then, Friday night was Boo-at-the-Zoo. Viv went as a fairy princess and Gus went as a gorilla. We saw the Heberts there, or should I say, we saw Buzz, Jessie, and Woody there? :)
And finally, last night was Halloween, We dressed as a family as the Super Why gang. We went to the Heberts house in Algiers Point for the first time this year, and I have to say, it was awesome. The whole neighborhood really gets into it and there is very little auto traffic. Aimee made the best seafood gumbo I think I have ever had, and the kids loved playing with Luc and his friend Keely. Yep, New Orleans loves its costume parties, but this tired mama is glad we have a break til Mardi Gras.
1 comment:
Is that Curt dressed as the construction worker?
Sure looks like that guy from the Village People
Alan
Post a Comment