Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Surprise

Howdy Everyone,

Alice and I would like to apologize (again) for the pitiful quantity of new posts. On the positive side, it's given me time to figure out how to insert video into the page. So Viv's Christmas present to everyone is a short video of her in her exersaucer, shot just this last week:



I'll be adding video posts on a fairly common basis now that I have .5 terabyte network attached storage drive to hold all the files (thanks Pod & Laura). If I'm really lucky I'll get some video of Viv and the wild goats of Arabi together. Also, I have a bit of bad news to report- if y'all remember me writing about 'one live chicken' a while back then you'll be sad to hear that he's now 'one flat chicken'. This particular chicken didn't manage to cross the road.

On to some pictures. Here's Viv in her saucer:


She loses her mind over Baby Einstein videos (which was what was in the background in the video above). It's a great way for me to entertain her in the morning after Al has left and I'm trying to get ready before Grandma Kathy gets here.

As a sidenote- if you haven't seen this show on PBS called the 'Boohbahs' you should really check it out. Though, if you're older than 3 you're gonna need a stiff drink at a minimum to cope with it- it makes the teletubbies seem normal. Children's shows seem to keep getting stranger and stranger- I was always freaked out by the little train on Mr. Rogers so I can't imagine what toddlers today must be thinking when they watch this stuff.

This next one doesn't have a story behind it, it's just a cute picture:


This was the eve of Christmas eve at our place- Al and I have finally become adult enough for people to come to us for the Holidays. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.


This last one is just a pic of something I put together for Viv with my free time this last week. Alice thinks it should be arranged big head, little head, big head, little head in a clockwise fashion. I prefer the counterclockwise rotation of head size from large in the upper right to small in the lower right. If you agree with Al, leave a comment and I might consider changing it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want the photography/art teacher's opinion ... start with a clockwise "as she grows" documentary rotation. The black mat should have a slightly wider edge on the bottom with the other three sides of equal proportion. Or loose the black mat entirely, you don't need it and it is distracting. If you must have a mat (acid free), try one that isn't so harsh (or textured to reduce the contrast). ;-) The images are great ... but I'm slightly prejudiced.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing, in the video, how well she now holds her head up and responds to outside stimuli.
Viv obviously is in posession of abnormally high intelligence, has highly advanced motor skills, and diplays a vibrant personality.
I am totally objective in these observations.
Grandpa Alan

Anonymous said...

I love it! For whatever reason I want to see sleepy Viv in the upper left corner and like Alice, I'd prefer the big and little heads alternate so the 2 big ones aren't right next to eachother...

Back to wrapping presents. Thanks for the lovely break!

Merry Christmas!

Love, Jean