Thursday, February 07, 2008

Obama in N.O.

Obama gave a speech at Fogelman arena on the Tulane campus this morning, and I went up to see it with Linda. We showed up about an hour before he was set to go on, and the arena was already full - it holds something like 4000-5000 people. Linda and I ended up in the overflow area, but Obama came out and talked to us for a bit before his speech. At any rate, I now see what all the hoopla over JFK was about by people of the generation before mine. Seeing someone with the ability to inspire people like this is truly amazing. I've always been pretty politically aware and active but have never seen anyone like this guy. I nearly had tears in my eyes at times - seeing his speeches on tv doesn't even come close to the impact of being there. Anyway, we donated to his campaign last night, and this morning confirmed that it was absolutely the right thing to do.

I have a lot of respect for McCain, and I know some of you are voting for him, but I simply can't abide by his belligerence about Iraq.



No comments: