Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aunt Dot

Aunt Dot passed away the week before last, and her funeral was last Saturday. Aunt Dot was such a fun loving, warm person. I'm grateful to have known her and that she loved me, and I only wish she could have seen Gus. Her service was beautiful. There was even a jazz band and a second line from the chapel to the mausoleum. We thought about bringing the kids because we knew people would want to see them, and we wanted them to see their family, but we also knew that Viv wouldn't be able to sit still for a funeral mass. So Mom & Linda kept the kids for the wake and funeral, and brought them to City Park. We picked them up after the service and we all went to Aunt Bebe & Uncle Joe's. It was so good to see everyone. Gus was kissed and squeezed, and Viv had a HUGE time outside with all the kids. I'm sure Aunt Dot would have been quite pleased that everyone came together and had such a big time to honor her memory.






No comments: