Her class meets on M, W, and F from 9 to noon. So, she has been back to school twice since that first day with us and is still accident-free. I am not 100% sure about tear-free, but there have been no calls from the teacher or anything. It drives me absolutely nuts that I will ask her about her day and she provides no details at all. On Friday she said, "I made a new friend." But when I asked more, she couldn't or wouldn't tell me anything about this new friend, not name, not even gender. I wish I could watch her in action without her knowing I was there. I hope she's well-behaved, but I have a hard time imagining that to be the case. Look at the attitude she's throwing in these first two pictures we took at home before we left for school!
The pictures after the first two are of Viv in front of school, in her classroom, and in the school gym. That last picture is of her with the one friend, Carrie, who she met that first hour we were there to observe. The position of Viv's body in that picture reminds me of a Chrles M Schulz illustration - I could just see one of the Peanuts gang in that position.
1 comment:
Try asking Viv more direct questions, such as "Tell me one new thing you did (learned) today." She 'might' be more willing to give it up, but don't count on it. Or you can learn the art of 'discrete' evesdropping.
BTW are you really, really sure she is old enough to go to school? I think she may be trying to pull one over on ya'll.
grammy j
Post a Comment