I don't have any pics of any of this yet, but here's a screenshot of the brand-spanking new ubuntu linux (7.04, feisty fawn release) running on my laptop. It's faster to load and run than XP, graphically blows Vista out of the water, and is completely open source- translation: it's completely free and is pretty dang smooth. I've been using linux off and on for about 10 years now and this is the first time I can honestly say a linux release is better than windows in both speed and ease of setup. It took less than 40 minutes to install and the default setup worked flawlessy. Firefox, Thunderbird, Open Office, and a host of other programs are installed by default, everything else you could ever possibly need can be easily installed through the package manager (again, all free). As a matter of fact, Dell and Toshiba currently have plans to offer ubuntu linux as an alternative to Windows Vista on a number of their laptop and desktop systems within the coming months. Anyway, here's a screenshot:
2 comments:
Don't cave! She is on to you! I recommend a good set of earplugs ... remember Viv has all day to plot her night time manipulations....
Very interesting about Ubuntu Linux, but can it stand on it's own? Can it smack a cat?
Post a Comment