Monday, November 06, 2006

Vote Early, Vote Often


Viv asked me what the U.S. Constitution is today and I had to think back 6 or so years to remember. Iraq, the response to Katrina, violations of the Geneva Convention, advocating intelligent design in schools, denying gay and lesbian couples basic civil rights, corruption and bribery, etc, etc- something has gone terribly off track in our country. The current Republican leadership pays lip service to patriotism and democratic ideals, but I suspect that our country's forefathers would be brought to tears by what has become of what they struggled, fought, and died for.

On Tuesday we have a chance to point it back in the right direction- so vote early, vote often, and vote Democrat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here it is Thursday evening, and no updates since Monday..... are you guys still celebrating the election wins or what??

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cuz!

She's a bloody beauty mate! She's looking like she's grazing in good pastures. You are looking very joyful in your mother role.

Mom said she saw y'all recently and gave me your address.

Go the Democrats! (don't tell Mom I said that).

Email me - jnelson@uow.edu.au

Love,
Jen