Saturday, August 26, 2006

Here we go again


Alice and I are making preliminary plans to evacuate. The storm models are still diverging quite a bit, but a number of them have it making landfall somewhere between here and the Florida panhandle. If we need to evacuate we're going to head to Virginia again since one of Alice's Dad's good friends is an ob-gyn there.

At any rate, we'll make up our minds by Monday afternoon. We have a doctor's appointment that morning and the 3-day tracking maps (which are far more accurate than the 5-day) should show us where landfall is likely.

If we evacuate I'll continue to update this site regularly. I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a Katrina II blog as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks Like Auntie Em may have a kindred spirit if Baby J is born in Virginia! Y'all could head on up to Fredericksburg VA and have her at the same hospital I had Emily in. OK maybe not.

I strongly encourage a safe and timely evacuation. I know it won't be a comfortable trip for Mommy but the alternative could end up being downright horrific.