Friday, April 20, 2007

Crawling


The big news is that Viv has figured out how to crawl. Last night she suddenly propped herself up and started scooting across the baby pen. I have a lot baby-proofing to do.

On another note, Alice and I have discovered that as parents you start caring a whole lot more about the world around you than before. That's not to say that we haven't been aware and involved in political and social issues before Viv, just that it suddenly seems much more important.

I had originally thought about putting up some rambling post about gun control and global warming and the fact that most Americans give way more of a rat's ass about keeping their guns than they do about massive global climate shifts. I guess I'll leave it at this though:

handguns- is your right to drunkenly shoot tin cans worth more than the rights of innocent people to not be killed by the same weapon? (and if you say no, come live in N.O. for a while then tell me what you think)

global warming- you have to be complete ass or a total moron to not do everything you can to slow this- ride a bike, use paper instead of plastic grocery bags, change to compact fluorescent bulbs- it all helps and it does matter- the world doesn't end when you aren't here any longer

No comments: