Sunday, April 15, 2007

Update

On Friday evening we went to the Step It Up rally in the Holy Cross neighborhood, about 15 minutes walk down the Mississippi levee for us. It was the kickoff for a series a nationally organized events against global warming. At any rate, we had several hundred people show up and considering that it was poorly advertised it seemed a good showing. There's some pics up of the rally at at Step it Up's website.

Today Alice and I went to the Quarter for the French Quarter Fest while Grandma Kathy watched Viv. The crowds were fairly huge and we ended up skipping the fest and eating at a place called the Coffee Pot which has been around since the late 1800's. I had the best fried seafood platter and one of the better gumbos since I moved to New Orleans- the seafood came with oysters, catfish, shrimp, and this amazing fried crab puff. Holding the rank of best fried seafood in N.O. is no small feat. Anyway, we now know one of the places we're taking my dad, Marjie and Emily when they come in June.

I guess that's about it. Viv hasn't pooped in 3 days or so and it's really starting to piss her off. We've given her prunes and lots of water & juice to remedy this, so hopefully it'll work out soon.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My taste buds are lathered just thinking about the seafood! Umm.