Sunday, July 13, 2008
Dog Fight
Well, long story short, Abby has got to go. She has never once displayed any hostitilty to a human and has always been such a sweet dog to Viv, but she visciously attacked Jamie on Friday. I was giving them each a separate bowl of left-overs. Abby scarfed hers down and attacked Jamie for her bowl. The fight lasted forever and Mom and I could not get them separated with yelling and hosing, and we couldn't get close enough to them to try much else. Blood was flying everywhere, covering the porch and patio. I totally panicked, and I am glad Mom doesn't have a heart condition because it was very scary, but she was the calmer one of us by far. I called Curt freaking out, and he came home from UNO. We honestly thought Jamie might die. Abby literally scalped Jamie - her skull was visible - although thankfully I didn't look because Mom & Curt knew I'd lose it even worse than I had already if I saw how bad the wounds were. I didn't see her until she got back from the vet, and even then she looked awful. We don't want to bring Abby to a shelter, but we can't possibly keep her much longer. Jamie is terrified of her, and we have kept them separated since it happened, but Abby still growls at Jamie from under the fence when we bring Jamie out front to pee. It's like they are mortal enemies now. Neither of us has ever known a lab to do this sort of thing. We are super shocked.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG...how freaking scary!!! You are right though, I think the other dog has to go...I can't believe it was a lab that did that.
that is just horrific!
Post a Comment