Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ghosts in the Oaks

We went to a Halloween celebration at City Park on Friday night and had the best time. Viv and I rode the train while Curt & Gus waited in the insanely long concessions line. Then we all rode the carousel, and Viv ran around circling all the bushes in the amusement area. We think that Viv is still too young for the kiddie rides that don't allow adults to ride too, basically because she might get spooked and try to get out of her seat. Then Curt noticed that the little trucks allow adults in the back seats, so Viv & I gave it a whirl. It's a jerky little ride that doesn't go particularly fast, and I couldn't tell if Viv was enjoying it or not. When it was over she said "get in other truck." Guess she liked it. So Curt, Gus, and I squeezed in the back of a different truck, and we let Viv take a whirl in the front seat by herself. She did great. She ran around a little bit more after that, and then we took one last turn on the carousel. When we were putting her in the car to go home she said, "I had a great day." Mom & Linda had taken her & Gus to the zoo earlier that day, so she really did have a great day. Then she said "I'm sleepy," fell asleep on the way home, and didn't wake up when Curt transferred her to her bed. It was obviously a Halloween miracle.




























1 comment:

Kim and Family said...

So so cute and it seemed like so much fun!!!