Friday, August 08, 2008

Casino

For yesterday's adventure mom & I took the kids to City Park to go to NOMA, the New Orleans Museum of Art, where we saw the current Botero exhibit. It was amazing. Then we went to the Casino building, which has only just reopened after Katrina, for a sandwich and some ice cream. BTW, I learned that the Casino was never really a casino, but was originally called La Casita because of its Spanish architecture. New Orleanians took it from there and it evolved to Casina and finally Casino. After we ate, we went to say hi to the ducks and to let Viv play on the playground. The first few pictures below are of the Casino renovation.
























1 comment:

Kim and Family said...

Is he ever unhappy? He always looks just so very happy...I haven't ever seen a baby smile so much. He is just the cutest!!! The pictures of Gus and Viv together were my favorites!!!!