Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav

Hurricane Gustav is currently about 36 hours from landfall somewhere in southern Lousiana. It passed over Cuba this evening as a category 4 storm and is expected to strengthen to a category 5 briefly before making landfall as a strong category 4. I boarded up the house today then Alice and I got things packed to evacuate at dawn tomorrow morning. Kathy and Linda are staying at our place tonight since it would have been nearly impossible to meet up with them in the morning due to the mandatory evacuations. Anyway, this doesn't look too good for New Orleans but hopefully it will shift enough to not hit us with the brunt of the storm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of ya'll. I know it sounds crazy but I wish I was there so I could evacuate too. Montana is just too far away.

Kim and Family said...

Thinking of you all...travel safely

Anonymous said...

You all have been on my mind. Glad for the post. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alice, it's cousin Missy. where'd ya'll go? We are w/Aunt B & Uncle Joe in Birmingham.