Friday, August 01, 2008

Developments

They are both growing so quickly right now. Vivienne is busy putting everything together. She's moved from making sounds that we have to interpret as words to saying actual discernible phrases and sentences. Her words are more sophisticated. She will randomly say "lemur" or "capybara." She even said "big vocabulary" about a week ago, which cracked me up. Everything said around her, she absorbs. Every little #@%@* thing. She is really starting to reveal her imagination too, which is so much fun. She had a dream about a nutria. Last night she drew a "big anemone" with one of her new butterfly pencils.

And Gus's newest feat occurred just last night while he was pulling an all-nighter. He usually sleeps better than he has these last 2 nights, but he's got a cold and I think he's going through a growth spurt or something. Anyway, I put him down on the guest bed by some of his toys, and, while my head was turned, he grabbed and held onto one of his rattles. I tried to get a picture of it, but he put down the rattle before I got the camera ready.







No comments: