Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good News / Bad News

The good news is that Gustav's expected strength at landfall has dropped to upper category 2 (96-110 mph winds). The bad news is that the forecast models have all tightened on New Orleans as where it makes landfall:



The local officials and most of the population are pretty much crapping their pants at this point but I'm not so sure there's good reason for it yet. Gustav is still several days from even entering the Gulf and a whole lot can happen between now and then. Alice and I are keeping a close eye on things and will evacuate if necessary, but we're hoping (and relatively confident) it won't come to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been watching Gustav and his path. I am very concerned for you and your family. I am sure you already have a plan in place should you need to (want to) evacuate the area. i am thinking of you. With our areas just recovering from TS Fay, we are all nervous about TS Hanna who may make a guest appearance to Florida. It's the watch and wait game!