Friday, September 01, 2006

First day at home

We've had her home for about 24 hours, and my observations are as follows:

1) Babies are nocturnal- they don't tell you that on the Discovery channel
2) Babies generate laundry in an amount equal to the square of their body weight per day
3) Apparently nobody told babies about the thermodynamic laws of conservation of energy and matter- they somehow manage to generate more poop than is physically possible considering the amount of milk involved in making the poop
4) Alice and I will never sleep again
5) It's all worth it



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curt you look kind of stunned in this photo ... and Baby Viv has the look that says "I am here, I own you, end of story." To hell with physics ...

Anonymous said...

Congatulations! This is Dylan, Heidi and Cypress in Seattle. We kind of know you through Evan. Cypress is a year and a half, so it's all so fresh in our minds! I remember praying fervently to any and every deity for an ininterrupted sleep of just 6 hours, PLEASE! I got it once, when he was about 4 months old. Then regularly by about 8 months. Congrats and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you, but DroolyBoy is 15 months, and has only slept long stretches for 3 nights, maybe 4 ... I HIGHLY recommend co-sleeping :)

Congratulations! it IS totally worth it - Ann A.