Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Not snoozin'

Last night was rough. Viv had us up so much that neither Al or I can even remember how many times she fed and I changed her. The current trend has been one good night, one bad night, so we're hoping that tonight is alright.

Here's the thing though- she's tricky. You can tell by looking at her. She waits until her mom and I are convinced she's asleep and we try to put her in her bassinet before she really starts to howl. Every time you turn your back, she's watching- she knows.

Just look at this picture above. Everything about this picture says 'I'm asleep', except for the eye. Alice and I have taken to calling it 'pirate eye', we might even have to get her a patch for the other one. At any rate, you only get pirate eye when you do something that Viv doesn't approve of and she pretty much disapproves of everything besides being fed or bounced on my shoulder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Viv has the power and knows how to use it; basically, this will never change, so get used to it. When puberty arrives you will be (somewhat)off the hook, at this time everything will be her Mother's fault. Everything. Sorry Alice.