Today we went to brunch at a place called the Country Club in Bywater. It's a bar in a beautiful old home in Bywater which recently started doing food and the food is some of the best in the city, especially when you consider the price. The menu is always small but changes every time we've been there. Alice had crawfish in cream sauce served over polenta and I had pulled pork in a pineapple salsa with roasted poblanos and avocado over tortilla chips. Both of the dishes were great. After that we came home and I installed a new garbage disposal under the sink and we all went out in the yard again afterwards.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mother's Day Weekend
We spent quite a bit of time outside this weekend since the weather was so good (a bit hot, but still pretty good). Viv and I started off yesterday with a bike ride on the levee from down on our neighborhood then up through Holy Cross to the Industrial Canal bridge. After that we all went to City Park and rode the carousel and the train which Viv really digs. Then we spent a bunch of time in the yard (all the pics are from Saturday).
Today we went to brunch at a place called the Country Club in Bywater. It's a bar in a beautiful old home in Bywater which recently started doing food and the food is some of the best in the city, especially when you consider the price. The menu is always small but changes every time we've been there. Alice had crawfish in cream sauce served over polenta and I had pulled pork in a pineapple salsa with roasted poblanos and avocado over tortilla chips. Both of the dishes were great. After that we came home and I installed a new garbage disposal under the sink and we all went out in the yard again afterwards.





















Today we went to brunch at a place called the Country Club in Bywater. It's a bar in a beautiful old home in Bywater which recently started doing food and the food is some of the best in the city, especially when you consider the price. The menu is always small but changes every time we've been there. Alice had crawfish in cream sauce served over polenta and I had pulled pork in a pineapple salsa with roasted poblanos and avocado over tortilla chips. Both of the dishes were great. After that we came home and I installed a new garbage disposal under the sink and we all went out in the yard again afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment