On a lighter note, Viv has figured out a novel way to wear my underwear.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Sprout update
My OB called me at work today and told me that they scheduled me for an induction for the 22nd. I go in at 8pm and am expected to deliver the following day. Evidently the perinatologist's notes described it as IUGR - intrauterine growth restriction - even though the Sprout is in the 30th percentile and that's not normally diagnosed unless the baby's in the lowest 10th percentile?!?! But then there was the stuff about the blood flow not being great and something in there about my placenta not looking spiffy anymore and a lower level of amniotic fluid than had been there at the previous ultrasound. I hadn't expected to talk to him (the OB) until Friday. I was totally caught off guard, which may seem silly given that the perinatologist said 37 or 38 weeks to us only yesterday. But I know he thinks this perinatologist is somewhat of an alarmist and I thought he might let me go to 39 weeks based on all the good non-stress tests, or at least that we could talk about it. I just couldn't stop crying to get it together to ask anything other than about the baby's lungs and would he be able to come home from the hospital with me. He'll only be 37 weeks 2 days when they start the induction. I am scared about all of this even though everyone says it'll be fine. I am not ready yet, and I have no idea whether my baby's ready or not, but I guess this is one of those situations where it's "ready or not, here I come."
On a lighter note, Viv has figured out a novel way to wear my underwear.
On a lighter note, Viv has figured out a novel way to wear my underwear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment