Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bean Bag

The purple bean bag chair has a been a big hit- play her a little music and she'll spent a good 30-45 minutes dancing, clapping and jumping on the bean bag.

I probably won't do an update for a couple of days. I have another day at the American Chemical Society conference tomorrow and I plan on sailing tomorrow night. On Thursday I'm going to wipe the hard drive on my laptop so I can repartition it and reload the operating system to fix a couple of things that have been bugging me. I'll pester Alice to put something up while my system is in the shop.



As a sidenote (mostly for my dad and Pod)- I think both of you guys use a linksys wrt54g wireless router. At any rate, the linksys firmware is done in linux and some people have written new firmware to pimp out the router. I've installed one of these (tomato) and tweaked some of the settings and my wireless lan speeds have increased 3-4 fold. The coolest thing is the ability to adjust the transmitter gain on the router to boost signal strength, and it makes a huge difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pimp out? tomato? Yo hablo English?

Grammy J.