In other news, I've still been thinking about how best to deal with future hosting of the blog. I've spent some time looking at using the network storage server to do it, but the transfer speeds off the usb hard drives that are attached to it are just too slow do a decent job. I've decided that the best way to do it is just to build a small computer that will run linux and use it as the server for the blog. It doesn't need to be much of a computer, so I'm going to rummage around and try to find something used that will fit the bill. If anyone is considering getting a new computer anytime soon- let me know. If I can't find anything decent used, I can put together a bare system to fit our needs for pretty cheap. Anyway, I'm going to try and do something about this in the next month or so since I likely won't be up to it after the next baby is here.
Curt
No comments:
Post a Comment